Nicholas parish on September 15. 1887. Within a few months. the parish plant was completed with the erection of the rectory and of the convent for the Sisters of Christian Charity. who were engaged to teach in the school. The continued influx of German immigrants naturally fostered the growth of the St. Nicholas community so much that both the church and the school proved to be too small. Since the burden of building both edifices could not be shouldered simultaneously. it was decided in the interests of Catholic education for the youth. to proceed first with the construction of the new school.
Keywords matched
immigrants